Before they left for Japan they were able to come visit us one last time. That is pretty amazing considering they had already been here twice before. Luckily for us, my Grandma Nelson lives only five hours away so us being in Memphis gives them an opportunity to see both of us in one visit.
My parents got here right before the weekend and on General Conference weekend. It is always so nice to have people with us over conference. On Friday night we did our traditional go out to Central BBQ and then go to the Pyramid. As usual it was delicious and fun. The pyramid was really fun. They were having a celebration that weekend so there was a live band outside playing fun music and then they had a firework show. The best moment of maybe the whole trip, though my mom may disagree, was when my mom was looking at the giant fish tank and I came up behind her with a very life like wooden snake. It looked real and moved very real. I made it slither right past her peripheral vision and she let out a very very loud scream. The entire place feel silent and we all burst out laughing. It was so funny. We also got to celebrate my mom's birthday and that was really fun to do!
In between sessions, we took my parents to the Mud Island River Walk. It was really fun and they really enjoyed it.
During the week my Mom, Dad, and I left Jed and went over to Arkansas to visit my Grandma. It was a really fun visit because Arnold and Kathy came up from Louisiana and we hadn't seen them in a very long time. It as fun to see so much family. We mostly just sat around and visited. It was good for my parents to see my Grandma before they left for Japan.
When we got back it was the weekend again which meant that we got to do things with Jed. We decided to go south to Vicksburg National Military Site. It was really neat and it was a gorgeous day. We had a fun time learning about the Civil War battle and seeing that part of Mississippi. Vicksburg is a very old city and had a lot of history. Sadly it's also really falling apart. The park is so nice though and really keeps it together. On the way home we went to Cracker Barrel. I had never gone before and it was such delicious southern home style food.
Sadly their visit came to an end and it was time to say goodbye. It was really hard for me to say good bye because it would be two years before I saw them again. A lot could change in two years and I was sad that they would miss things. But luckily I know without a doubt that what they are doing is the right thing. Because they are serving a mission, they are blessing our family more than ever and we have truly felt those blessings. I have faith in what they are doing and that it is righteous and that they are serving the people faithfully. I love my Mom and Dad so much!












No comments:
Post a Comment