Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Fall Festivities 2016

Jed and I love the fall. We love getting into the spirit of the holiday season. This year we did some really fun things. Jed participated in the schools Chili Cook Off. Their chili was actually not that good, Jed didn't make it, but they had a lot of fun and we got to try some very good and also very unique chili's. Jed made the ballot box though and it was pretty awesome.

Then we went to a flashlight corn maze a little south of us. It was so much fun and the whole farm was really festive. We went with two of Jed's classmates Eric and Kelly. We got to ride a hay truck over to the corn maze and it is completely dark. It's not meant to be scary though just fun. We had fun trying to get all the hole punches on our maze card.

For Halloween this year we wanted to participate in the Ward trunk or treat but we were just slow in planning. So we quickly threw something together and decided to go with a tennis theme. We were going to be 80's tennis stars. Jed looked awesome and the whole ward loved him. We won the award for funniest costume.

BYU played Mississippi State and that was fun representing our school among all the Mississippi State fans that live around us. I went grocery shopping that day and got a lot of looks but luckily everyone was really nice.  Next year they play at Mississippi and we are totally going to go!


I ran the Nashville Halloween half. That was really fun and even though it was still slow I ran a new pr in the Half marathon of 1:30. Four minutes faster than last time. I won my age group and got 4th overall so I won my first road race prize of $25 to a local running store. It was a really quick trip to Nashville but it was still really fun to see Jenny and the girls. Josh was doing his rotations.



In that same trip we went to Loveless Cafe with the Ramsay's. Oh my goodness it was so delicious!!! Jed's family loves that place and it did not disappoint. It's just a real good Southern Home style cooking. We got so much food! Funniest moment was when the girls were doing snap chat filters on my phone and Emma (almost 2 at the time) was making sound effects for her distorted face. The other funny moment was when the waiter put is bum in my face helping the other table. He had no idea that it happened but we got a good laugh.

Fun thing in fall, I got my first flat tire and almost changed the whole thing on my own until some nice men came and helped me.

Fall is so pretty here and Jed and I loved walking in our park with the changing colors and pretty sunsets. We love our southern life. These pictures are from the park behind our house.



No comments:

Post a Comment