Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Honoring two great women

April was a very interesting month for my family. Within two weeks of one another my two grandmothers passed away. It was really hard for my family, especially my parents being so far away in Japan. Both my grandma's left incredible legacies and were an example to all of us of being strong women and members of the church.
My Grandma Farnsworth passed away first. This was very unexpected seeing that she seemed in good health and spirits. Amazingly she had just had her 93rd birthday party and a lot of my cousins, aunts and uncles attended. I didn't think I would be able to go to the funeral but it was a blessing that I was able to find an extremely rare cheap flight to Utah. The next day the price had almost tripled. It was truly a blessing. My trip to Utah was brief and Jed had to stay home because of school. I stayed with Rich and Shara. Carolyn stayed there as well. One of the days I got to go up to Brigham and visit with my in-laws. It was so much fun to see them. Caleb, Natalie, and baby Bridger played a little disc golf, we watched soccer games, and had a fun family picnic. I love my family. I got to spend Easter with my siblings which was a really fun treat. Luckily Jed got to go to Nashville and spend the weekend with the Ramsay's, so he wasn't alone. The funeral services were very nice and it was a wonderful tribute to my Grandma. It was also fun to reconnect with family I hadn't seen in a very long time. That night Shara, Rich, Carolyn and I went to a food truck event by the Nelly's house. I really had a great time connecting with my siblings. The trip was short but I'm so glad I was able to go!




The next funeral was in Arkansas. Jed was able to go with me because he had just finished up his 2nd year. My Grandma Nelson passed away after having fallen two weeks earlier and getting very sick. Again, as hard as it was to see her go, I'm so happy that she once again is with my Grandpa. It was nice that we were driving distance from the funeral. My brother and sisters all got a hotel room together and that was so hilarious. Six of us, Cami couldn't come, were crammed in a hotel room. We had a good time. The services were very nice and again a great tribute to my Grandma life. The day of her funeral it rained so hard all of the streets flooded. We had to have to graveside service in a small building because of all the flooding. We are so happy we were able to make it!



No comments:

Post a Comment