Over Memorial Day weekend, Josh and Kayla came to visit. It is
always such a blast when they come and they are so kind to come and visit us.
This weekend was no exception. On Saturday we started the day off with some
Memphis brunch. We tried Brother Junipers first but the wait was over two
hours. No thank you! Then we went to this little dinky place that normally
would have looked run down but the fact that it was 100% packed with the line
out the door told us it must be delicious. Though there were lots of people,
the lines and food were moving quickly. So, we decided to stick around. The
food was amazing and we were so full that we didn't eat again until
dinner.
That evening we went to the 901
fest at Tom Lee Park. It was a perfect evening of food trucks and listening to
live music. The night ended with a really great firework show. When we got home
that evening, as we were winding down, I noticed an odd whistling/screaming
noise outside. I thought it was our neighbors but then it got worse and worse. We
looked outside and the wind was roaring outside like I've never seen before.
The rain started to come down too but mostly just ridiculous amounts of wind. I
was sure the tornado sirens were going to go off but they never did. The next
morning we woke up to devastation all over Memphis. Wind picked up to 80-100
mph and trees fell on houses and power lines. Luckily, our house only had a few
branches and shingles fall but no bad damage. People lost power, I swear we
were the only ones not to, and church was only sacrament meeting so we could
help out those in need. For the next week 40,000 people went without power in
Memphis. It was such a crazy experience.
Sunday with the Hagen's was a
very nice day we played lots of games and that night we had a fire. It was so
much fun. Jed tried to make the fire bigger but putting gas on it. He thought
the original fire had died down but apparently not. An eruption of flames burst
up while we were all still a little too close. It was equally terrifying and
hilarious.
After a fun weekend, the
Hagan's left Monday afternoon. We had such a fun time with them and can't wait
until we can visit them in Dallas.
Monday was Memorial Day and Jed
and I had a BBQ with our good friends the Lifferths and the Hills. We have such
great friends around us and far away. Jed and I have truly been blessed.









No comments:
Post a Comment