When
we first moved to the Memphis area we knew that we had just moved to a really
awesome place but we had no idea where to begin exploring. Jed and I did what
any respectable newbie would do, we searched the internet. One of the top
tourist attractions that came up was the Bass Pro Shop at what they were calling
the pyramid. My first thought was "oh boy where have we moved to where our
source of entertainment is a Bass Pro Shop." Well I quickly regretted this
thought as we made our way to town towards this "pyramid." First of
all, it literally is a giant pyramid next to the Mississippi river. An old convention
center turned giant Bass Pro Shop in April 2015. This one of the coolest places
I've ever been to. The floor is set up to look like the Bayou and the atmosphere
is so fun. There is a hotel inside, a bowling alley and the largest free standing
elevator with an observation deck overlooking the Mississippi river. Of course
we have only looked around seeing that all of these activities cost money, but
it has been fun visiting none the less. It also is one of the first places we
take people when they visit. The Bayou has so many fishes in it, including alligators!
The river is also fun to visit. I had never seen a river such as the Mississippi. It's been fun to see it daily, as I work on Mud Island. It's been interesting to see it at its low times and at one point when it was dangerously flooded. The barges that go down are also a site to see.



No comments:
Post a Comment