Sunday, May 17, 2015

Summer 2014

Summer 2014 was simply amazing. Jed and I knew that the next 4-5 years were going to be crazy so we really tried to live it up. I worked all summer at the shave ice shack, and Jed worked at intramural. With both really loved out jobs. We did some really fun adventures like go to Goblin Valley to camp and explore with our really great friends the Fassmans. We explored so much that we left our camera at the top of a peak and had to scavenger hunt our way back up. We were so lucky to find it!









 We also went to our first concert together, one of our favorite artist, Young the Giant!

We spent a lot of time with our families as well. For fourth of July we spent time with Jed's family in Brigham City. Unfortunately we didn't get to play softball in the morning because I had to work but then we went up to Brigham. This was really fun for me as I have never been in Brigham for the fireworks. They put on a fantastic show! We also got to attend Jed's niece, Brooklyn, baptism up in Brigham.

For Jed and I's anniversary Jed put together a really fun get away. We went down to St George. I had never been there before. We stayed one night at a really fun hotel called Inn on the Cliff. It had a breathtaking view. We spent the day swimming because it was so hot. Then we met up with Troy and Emily Hartman and their kids and stayed at a condo with them. We swam to our hearts content and hiked Snow Canyon and explored a fun lava cave.



We hit up our fair share of National Parks this summer. Our first park was Zion National Park. We went with our friends Maggie and Derrick Hunter, and Kayla and Josh Hagen. It was such a blast. We hiked the narrows which is basically hiking up a river in a slot canyon. We all got our fair share of bumps, bruises, and blisters but it was totally worth it. The first night we camped there is one I will never forget. It was 98 degrees all night and all 6 of us where sharing a tent. I am embarrassed to say that I had a complete freak out moment in front of all of my friends as I was unbearably hot. I couldn't take my wedding ring off and it usually easily slips off as it is a little too big. I had to stand outside the tent for awhile before I made myself tired enough to sleep in the heat.

Our last adventure for the summer was our visit to South Dakota. We were babysitting the Petersen children with my parents. It was such a fun trip! Don't let anyone fool you that South Dakota isn't pretty because it is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been in my life. We went to Mt Rushmore, where we found out Jed got accepted to optometry school, the Badlands, and hiked Mt Harney with the whole Petersen family. The sites were breath taking and we had a lovely visit before it was back to our last year at BYU.






No comments:

Post a Comment