Monday, February 5, 2018

January 2018

After a fun Christmas break, Jed went back to school, but only for a short time. The Memphis area was hit with some snow and ice, and because they aren't used to snow, Jed had an entire week of snow days. He was able to get lots of studying done for boards but we also squeezed in some fun. We had a fondue night with the Hill's and Robert's, we saw the Greatest Showman (which became one of our favorite movies, the music is amazing), we went bowling with Vu and El from school, and we played pickle ball. It was so much fun having Jed around. We were very spoiled and it was hard when he finally had to go back to school.
Jed and I are on an intramural volleyball team and it's been fun playing with them once a week. Are team isn't very good, but we have a fun time. We also have been training for our annual Valentines day 10k. This will be our third year running it. We have gotten 2nd every year and this year we intend to win. We have been training really well for it and I am more than impressed with how Jed has been running. He has been working so hard! I'm really excited to see the outcome of the race.

I have been really prompted to learn ASL ever since we have moved here. We have ASL sister missionaries in our ward and a large deaf community. I've struggled to get started and we move in August but I still feel like I've needed to learn. This month, every Friday, the sister missionaries have been coming to my house in order to help me learn. It has been a really good experience so far and I'm starting to pick up things quickly. One thing the sister's suggested was to pray in sign language. It's been helping so much and I love how much the Lord is helping me learn this language.

A ward member gave Jed and I tickets to the Orpheum theater to watch Finding Neverland. While this was not our favorite broadway, we still had fun going to the historic Orpheum. We had been wanting to go but didn't think we'd have the chance. The Moore's gave us tickets and it was so kind of them. They have been great friends here in Memphis.


 Porter started eating solid foods this month and they have been a huge hit. We can't get them in his mouth fast enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment