So we have yet again a really weird story, luckily this time it wasn't in our apartment. So when Jed and I went to conference, in order for him and I to stay together we found a cheaper hotel down the road from where my team was staying. Jed and I were minding our own business watching a really intense tv show (revolution, it's our new favorite) when an alarm started to sound. We both looked at each other and Jed asked "Is that the fire alarm?" I think I might have answered yes but I don't really remember because the next minutes were frantic panic. Jed being the smart one immediately ran for the door to leave while I on the other hand started gathering all our stuff together. We know who paid attention to fire safety and who didn't. In my defense I did yell at jed to check the door handle before opening the door. Quick note, our hotel was two different buildings right next to one another. We were in the main one and out our window faced the other building. Ok, so as i'm packing my stuff together I randomly open the curtain to our room and the building across from us is on FIRE! Jed's like "Oh crap we gotta go! That can spread fast!" So with all our stuff in hand we bolt for the door and start heading out. We ran into other guests and told them that the next building was on fire. Without any panic some people just said "oh ok" and one man said "oh no the front desk said someone pulled the alarm" we informed him that, that was not the case and that we actually saw flames. Still no panic! What was wrong with these people, because obviously we weren't over reacting :) So next Jed and I went to the front desk and told him that it wasn't a prank but a real fire and he began to panic and call for help but we could already hear sirens. Jed and I stood outside for the next half hour (in the pouring rain) watching about seven fire trucks pull up, fire men breaking windows to let smoke escape, and the hotel manager running back in forth in a panic. Though it didn't effect our room we (mostly me) were freaked out and didn't want to stay there anymore. I ended up calling my team and we headed back to hotel in which they were staying at. It was a very eventful night!
No comments:
Post a Comment